Friday, July 28, 2017

25 Days of Summer- Cedar Point



Ride On...


I went to Cedar Point all the time growing up. Only 40 minutes from my parents home, we were able to have a season pass a few years when we could drive. Loved it and still do! Now it's different because I don't feel the need to run to the rides. I enjoy experiencing the park through my children. It's so different now, but still my favorite rollercoaster park in the world.

A few weeks ago I got a notice Cedar Point was running a BOGO sale on admissions tickets. I was pumped. I called Jeremy at work and asked if he was interested in going. Well, the catch was that the tickets had to be used by the end of July. Guess I should have read the fine print. We were running out of days. We decided that today was the day.

What a day. Called for rain and rain it did. The good news is that is warded off a lot of people. It also kept us under cover for about 20 minutes. But then it got hot. Isaac talked me into going on Snake River Falls. I knew better, but he wanted to do it so bad, so I had Jeremy hold my shoes and away we went. SOAKED. Yep, drenched. I spent the next hour drying out. Isaac thought it was fantastic.

My mom went with us so we could take Isaac on the bigger rides while Olivia and mom hung out in snoopy land. Isaac was 51 inches this year, one inch shy of getting on many of the major rollercoasters. He was bummed. I'm guessing that next year we are going to need to take mom again and we may never see her and Olivia while we ride on every rollercoaster in the park.

The park was open until midnight, but we made it until10:30 and headed back home. Everyone was worn out and had another amazing day at an amusement park.

No comments:

Post a Comment