Monday, June 21, 2021

A Ton of Fun in 2021: Week 25 Recap


Impossible.  That is my only response of why I get so behind on these blog posts.  When I go back to read these later, I so appreciate reading them, but finding the time to sit down and write is impossible. Monday and Tuesday of this week found Jeremy and I still in Punta Cana.  I posted about all that last week, but I did forget to post about our earthquake experience. Yep, the last morning we were there we experienced a 5.0 earthquake that woke me up from a dead sleep.  It was wild, but luckily it only lasted like 20 seconds.  

Wednesday was the both kids last regular season games. I went to Isaac's and watched his team kick butt again. It's been such a fun season watching him improve every week. His fielding has improved the most. He is still a beast hitting the ball and sits 5th in the hitting lineup and has lots of opportunity to hit his friends into home.  


Another annual activity I couldn't wait to get in was heading over to Lincoln Ridge Farms and do some serious strawberry picking. I love that we can take our own containers and take our time. Never rushed and can pick until we are happy.  We love to get enough to freeze for later because these little babies are the best tasting ripest deliciousness you'll ever taste. We ended up cleaning up and freezing 14 quarts of strawberry and probably eating 2 quart before they ever made it to the freezer.  Maw tagged along with us this year and got to taste some of these delicious strawberries.  Anyone who tries them WILL be back. 





The kiddos also had their home swim meet this Thursday against Findlay.  We took lots of pictures because we finally got to see the kids compete in the pool.  While they were there last week, we were away, so this was the first swim meet we got to watch in outdoor.  Olivia did a relay and the IM, Fly, Back and Breast.  Isaac did two relays, both the 50 and 100 free, IM (where he got DQ'ed). It was fun to see them swim again. 

We have had some pretty rainy weather here in Ohio this summer, so on the days that the sun comes out, we can't wait to have some pool fun. Maw and Paw don't live too far away, so they get to come over and chill poolside often.  Lucky for me, Paw likes to get in the water and have squirt gun fight and get dumped on with buckets of water. I like to float and not participate in these shenanigans.
With all the rainy weather, it's not uncommon to find us hiding out in the kitchen cooking up some delicious treats.  This week was whoopee pies.  Yes, Arlene Allison gave me the deadly recipe after I begged that she share it and I didn't have to ask her to make me more. It has a stick of Crisco in this recipe and they're the most moist and delicious chocolate dessert I make.  



Golfing is not my sport by any means, but my family sure does like to go out on the course. I think sometimes the kids just want to drive the golf carts more than actually golf.  At any rate, Jeremy had a gift card to Hidden Creek and wanted to drive out that way on a Saturday evening to play 18 holes.  We decided to make it a family affair. I didn't golf but one time with Olivia's clubs and everyone thought it was so funny getting it on camera.  I suck at golf and I've accepted the fact that I am better at driving the golf cart. Isaac and Olivia have their own set of clubs and are pretty good at golfing.  Jeremy is of course serious about the matter and keeps score.  

 






Sunday was Father's Day. The kiddos were excited to give Jeremy his gifts. My mom had taken them shopping while we were on vacation, knowing full well I wouldn't have time or would forget with everything else going on to take them and let them pick out some gifts.  Isaac picked out a pair of swim shorts and Olivia picked out an Ohio State golf shirt. All the boys met up with Phil at the Mexican restaurant in Wapak. We didn't forget about Poppy either! Because he's in AZ we can't pop in to see him on his special day, but we sent a gift card. My dad got exactly what he wanted...nothing.  LOL.  His birthday is in a few weeks, so I'll just search for something bigger to spoil him with then.  

No comments:

Post a Comment