Monday, October 18, 2021

A Ton of Fun in 2021: Week 42 Recap

We got back the kiddos school pictures this week. Adorable. Wish Olivia's hair would have stayed more curled and Isaac would have smiled a bit more, but compared to others I've seen parents post, these will work! I went to put them in the frames and had all the others in there as well, so did a little video of both Olivia and Isaac.  Olivia's kindergarten picture is missing, but I'm sure it's around here somewhere. 

Wednesday night we had our last volleyball practice. I had to double dip and also be on the Zoom PRSSA National Awards evening. One of my favorite nights to celebrate all the PRSSA students, but I was pretty shocked when they read my name for the Teahan for Most Outstanding PRSSA Faculty Adviser. Say what? I told my students to quit submitting for that award, but they did anyhow. Nationals sent two dozen roses to my house (which was just unbelievably sweet) and I got the Teahan with my name on it in the mail and got to deposit the $300 award check into the PRSSA account for us to do some more amazing things in the future!

Thursday night Deb brought Olivia with her to Ada and we got tickets to attend ONU's production of Beauty and the Beast. We met first for dinner at the Inn before heading over to the Freed Center. Oh M Gee. They had scenery and technology that was mind blowing for the show. I felt like I was at a Broadway musical. We all were so impressed. It was wonderful on so many levels. 

This week both Jeremy and I's second COVID shot. Check, got that done. We both felt like death the day after the shot, but then back to normal the following day.  We got them four days prior to the exact date because otherwise we would have been on a plane, and we didn't want to feel like death then. If you see us traveling (because most things we want to do now require that magical card) we might have three extra toes in the future, but get me outta Ohio and back to traveling to tropical destinations! 

Saturday had us at Bath playing in the volleyball tournaments. If I look like death in the pictures, it's because I felt like death. The girls played so well against the first team (Shawnee) and won! They were so excited to advance. The second game we faced a very good Columbus Grove team and they beat us in two sets. My team played in the fifth grade tournaments, but we had four fourth graders on our team.  So I'm pretty hopeful for next year.  Afterward we headed to Sams Club for Jeremy to get his second shot and then to Cracker Barrel for lunch. I ordered soup but couldn't even eat it.  Ugh.  The good news is that by Sunday morning I felt like a new person and Jerm felt like death.  






No comments:

Post a Comment