Tuesday, May 30, 2017

84 Days of Summer- Picnic


Pardon Me, We Are Having A Picnic! 

Well the 84th day of summer brought beautiful weather just in time to have a picnic.  This adventure is something so little. You have to eat right? Why not take your lunch on the road and get the kids and you out of the kitchen and into nature?! Sounds like a double dip win for me. 

We decided to head to a nearby school to have our picnic before letting the monkeys play on the playground. Unlike school lunches, I pretty much let the kids pack whatever they wanted.  We headed down to the grocery store to pick up some things first (mother hubbers cupboards were bare!). I have to bribe Isaac to pack something nutritious in his lunch. Otherwise I'm pretty sure it would consist of chips, chocolate and cheese. 

While I love the idea of themed picnic as the Pinterest-worthy ideas are endless, I pretty sure the hours preparing the perfect themed picnic, would get woofed down in three minutes or less and I would chalk the entire idea up for a loss. So whatever they want to pack in their school lunch boxes and reusable bowls works for me.  Don't get bogged down in the details. After all, it is summer! 

We packed up at home with blankets and lunches and headed down the road.  The insist on their blankies. I tried to explain the checkered picnic blanked, but again, they weren't buying it. So we don't get caught up in the details and away we go. We actually were originally headed to a different spot today, but decided in mid-drive to detour to somewhere closer. (I'm sure you'll hear all about the Children's Garden later.)  

We were at the playground picnic for about 10 minutes before a daycare kids came out. Two of the little guys actually knew Isaac from the different sporting activities he plays throughout the year. The teacher started a game of freeze tag and graciously let my two join! The squeals of summer filled the air and my heart grew a little larger with love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment