Monday, April 19, 2021

A Ton of Fun in 2021: Week 16 Recap

 

Um, yea, you think I'm kidding. I can assure you I am not. I looked on my phone to see what we did this week.  I have not one photo through the week.  Reflecting on the week, I thought "did I not take any photos?" Then I remembered. I spent most evenings on my computer trying to make deadlines that were literally stacked on top of one another. This week I had a journal review due that I agreed to do for a prestigious journal in the field, had my own revise and resubmit for the Journal of PR Education special issue on COVID issues and my study on PRSSA faculty advisers, had my yearly updates for our textbook due, and another book chapter with Jamie due concerning AI in the health care field. Oh and through in there a couple of track meets in the evenings and my day job of teaching, it was a wild ride. We did get two deadlines pushed back which helped tremendously, but I found myself still up until the wee hours of the evenings all weekend too. 

I did get to host some students from my Sports Marketing and PR class for dinner. They had won the BINGO game assignment that we had played during March Madness fair and squared. I made lasagna and funfetti cupcakes for dessert.  Little did they know they were going to get pulled into a wild game of UNO and a dance show from both kiddos who gave them blankets and told them to get comfy for the show. They were good sports and watched Olivia preform her solo from dance and Isaac's dance from Garfield. 

Saturday was by far my favorite. After my normal morning workout at the Y, I got a text from our long-lost friends who were in town for a AAU tournament for their boys. Anyone familiar with how these weekend tournaments work, you sometimes need somewhere to crash in between.  That's where we got to come into play.  It was a win-win for us all. The boys played basketball with their parents watching while the girls got to hang out together and the sweetest baby ever got to snuggle with her fake auntie all day.  gahhhhhh, it was fabulous.  ❣️

Sunday was another wild day, as the kiddos sold tickets for a chicken/rib dinner for church camp. I worked at the dinner and Jeremy's family all got dinners and then came over to visit and eat them at our house. Olivia had early 💚🖤⚡️dance practice since she is starting to work on her solo that she will preform at the next two competitions. So we rounded out the weekend exhausted and ready to start another fun-filled week! 











No comments:

Post a Comment