Monday, April 5, 2021

A Ton of Fun in 2021: Week 14 Recap

 This week started out with Isaac taking some state tests. This can always be stressful, no matter if you are an A+ student or one who needs extra help.  Well he's finally getting the extra help he needs and it happen to be the principal who was able to assist as part of his IEP.  She sent home the sweetest note.  Made us all smile.  We know he tried his hardest and that's all we can ask right?!

This week is also Easter on Sunday, so kiddos got out of school early on Wednesday and then off until the following Tuesday.  I, on the other hand, had to work on Thursday, so guess who came with me to school and sat in the front row?  My two favorite students. They are getting so good.  Just some earphones and internet access and they're silent for hours!  

We had to get busy on Friday painting the eggs. According to Isaac, this must happen and they must be set out the night before in order for the Easter Bunny to work his magic. We bought two dozen to color and got a glossy egg color kit.  They have more patience and wanted to do multi colored eggs this year, so we ended up with some really cool looking eggs. 

Cutout cookies are my archenemies. I don't mind cutting them out, but I feel the need to get out my cake decorating kit and then decorating them to max.  Well, Olivia is finally old enough to not only have interest, but also want to do it. So I gave her the bag and let her go to town. She did all the bunnies and carrots.  She did amazing.  I'm so thankful to have the help!

Easter... Whirlwind weekend, but totally worth it. Easter morning is always wild.  Letting the kids hunt for eggs, eat too much candy from their baskets and then dressing all up for church.  This year was no different.  Bunny supplied lots of candy.  We got them bowling shoes and Isaac got a new baseball bat and Olivia got some Harry Potter masks. 





Next it was off to Maw and Paws for lunch. It was so great to see everyone again. But everyone seemed to be on a diet, so I brought and entire cake and most my cutout cookies home! Guess I'll have to eat them all myself.  Their loss! 

For the first time ever, mom and dad are coming over in the evening for Easter dinner! I was so excited. Jerm cooked steaks on grill and we had perfect weather to sit on the back porch and watch the kids run around finding eggs that mom and dad hid for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment