Monday, May 10, 2021

A Ton of Fun in 2021: Week 19 Recap


And these weeks somehow go faster once we start summer break. How does that seem fair? This week was finals week for ONU and Elida's last week of school.  We had something going on every night of the week and we made it. 

Still surviving from Olivia's birthday party, she had a pretty sweet gift come in the mail from her godmother Nicole. A slushie maker!  Naturally we had to make slushies and have an after-school ice cream treat party.  Yum.

I love having my nails painted. Color Street has been one of those products that while I'm not a fan of not going to the store to just buy them, my consultants who I buy from are amazing and having them on hand for the most part and feeding my stash. In honor of the kids last week and ONU graduation, here are my nails for the next few weeks. Go Bulldogs! Go Bears! Love that we have the same school colors. 

Isaac needed a haircut pretty bad and I figured there were going to be plenty of pictures taken this week that we should get it chopped. Great Clips is just down the road and he loves telling stories in the chair. His stylist knows he is going to tell her a story the entire time, whether it be about train safety, Cedar Point, or summer camp, she's in for treat. 

Friday, May 7 was the last day of school for the kiddos. It wasn't warm so unlike the typical last-day photos in short sleeves we had long sleeves and required to wear masks.  The good news is that Elida doesn't go back until the day after Labor Day, so they get four months off this year. We have plenty of summer to be had. 

Because there is something wrong with me and I can't just buy cards for my ONU grads, I made them this year.  I also ordered these adorable watercolored prints of Ada/ONU from Esty and framed them as their gifts. I love the prints as every little icon represents life here at ONU in Ada, so I think it's something they can hold onto forever.  I bought my own bigger one for my office last year and just love it. 

Mom came on Friday night to head down to Cincinnati for Olivia's dance competition.  I gave her a bicycle wine rack for her mothers day gift. We might need that wine for this weekend. LOL. All day Saturday and Sunday morning (then again at 5:30) Olivia's dance competition was at the Duke Energy Center in Cincinnati.  We had fun watching some amazing dancers. The girls did well with their group dances.  Sunday morning at 9 a.m. Olivia did her first ever solo. Mom and I stayed the night so we were there and Jeremy and Isaac came down to watch it and then stay while we headed back for ONU graduation. Happy Mother's Day. LOL.  She did so great. There was only a few slight mistakes I caught, but she won first place platinum and 6th overall. She got a huge trophy and a medal so she was happy.

The weekend ended at ONU at graduation. Because of the pandemic, we hosted three different graduations. Arts & Sciences was in the afternoon, and because this is my last year with graduates with A&S degrees, I attended that one. Since it has been tradition since I started the pictures at the fountain in 2012, I met my graduates there to give them their gifts and take some photos. 












No comments:

Post a Comment