Monday, May 17, 2021

A Ton of Fun in 2021: Week 20 Recap

HELLO! Kicking off our first full week of summer. This week has plenty of fun packed in, including some sporting event every single night. In fact, I write this post from a ball field in Shawnee.  If I waited to be home, these would never get written. However this week, their opening day games got rained out. This week Maw and Paw are in Hilton Head, so I didn't have my normal back up sitter available. A student volunteered to watch them, then bailed the day before so guess who got to come to ONU on Monday and be locked in my office?!  Tuesday Emily Brock volunteered to  watch them, so they only had the crazies with me on Monday all day.  

We had a home track meet on Tuesday and it was cold (as you can see from the winter gear we had on in the pictures). I volunteer as a starter and Jeremy as the head timer, so we made sure we got out of there at a decent time. Kids ran their normal events- Isaac ran the 100, 200, 400, 4x100 and long jump.  Olivia ran the 100, 200, 1600, 4x100, and long jump. We never really know how they do overall until the end of the meet because we are trying to run the meet and can't watch as much as we like.  

Wednesday we were in trouble. Isaac played his baseball game in Gomer and Olivia was in Bath.  I was officiating the WBL track meet in Shawnee so there was no one to take Olivia. But her dance BFF Lil plays for Bath and her fantastic momma graciously agreed to take her for me and then I picked her up at toward the end of the game. Not only did she take her, she snagged some adorable pictures of them! 

Thursday we had a free day-what?! So I loaded up the kiddos and we headed to the lake. Figured they could fish from the dock and we'd enjoy some time until we had to run back to Lima by Friday evening for the second day of the WBL and for Olivia to sleep in her own bed before her dance competition in Dayton. Well, we got some fishing in and some much needed rest, but we got a text Friday morning that Miss Shif had COVID and pulled the studio from the competition.  That made the kids want to stay, but I still had to officiate high jump at the WBL, so I had to come home. Mom and Dad said they'd keep them while I drove home for the track meet and picked up Jeremy to head back up late Friday night. Grandma Barb and Grandpa Ron got Olivia a personalized ORANGE Yeti for her birthday. Because it was personalized, it didn't come in until later in the week, so she got to open it at the lake house.  

Saturday we made our reservations to head to Cedar Point on opening weekend. Um, not the best life choice we've made. It was PACKED. We only stayed 5 hours and rode Gatekeeper, the train, and Steel Vengeance. Also we got to make our first stop at Tofts! When in Rome right? Oh so good, but so pricey.  I think for our four cones it was $22. I mean the size of the cones is a pint of ice cream, but still super expensive for the ice cream.  The lines for drinks were likely 30 minutes long so we headed out and met my parents at Outback for dinner.  



Sunday Jeremy was so excited to go fishing. The kids and Grandma Barb played around the house while I finished a book chapter on artificial intelligence in the health care field with Jamie. I guess Jeremy slipped in the boat when he was casting and fell out! Yep, gave Dad high blood pressure the rest of the trip, but Jeremy didn't let go of his pole, which is what he was most concerned about.  The water was a freezing 55 degrees so good thing Dad keeps an extra pair of clothes on the boat. 





No comments:

Post a Comment