Monday, July 5, 2021

A Ton of Fun in 2021: Week 27 Recap


Recycling. We do a lot of here at the Agozzino household. Jeremy has made fun of me since we've started that we collect cans for a year and take them in and get like $9. But the kids love it and I let them keep the money, so they're all about it. We took these in to get the out of the garage since I've decided it needs a facelift and good cleaning.  

Garage. My June summer project. I started the process bright and early Monday morning by carrying stuff out of the garage into the yard. One of the walkers in our neighborhood asked if we were selling our bikes at our yard sale.  LOL.  Nope...just long overdue cleaning out garage day. Once it was cleaned out I realized I couldn't leave everything there to go get the power washer at Maw and Paw's...crap. So I had to ask them to bring it over. Once it was all out I power-washed every wall and floor.  It was already looking better. Then I decided I liked the old house when we painted the garage so much, I wanted to do it again! But this garage is MUCH bigger project than the last one and this I was going to need to tackle solo.  Not to mention that my garage is trimmed in oak at the bottom-so no slapping it on the walls.  I loved the stripe I put on the old walls, but grey doesn't really match anything and looking from the outside in, we needed tans.  So off to Menards I went looking for the perfect color. I brought home plenty of choices and finally settled on a dark and light tan with a cream stripe. It took me three days to paint.  I left it dry over the holiday weekend, which meant my basement, kitchen and living room was piled high with garage treasures waiting for me after vacation. UGH. My OCD could not just slap stuff back in there.  Instead I sorted through every single toolbox, drawer, and bin that I had. I cleaned the totes I did have already and sorted into categories and got out my all-time favorite tool in the world- My Label Maker! I have some pictures of the finished project below.  I am feeling pretty good about everything until Jeremy just asked where I want to put this new inflatable boat he got?! UGH-

BEFORE

AFTER




Monday night Isaac had his first playoff game and Olivia had her first away swim meet at Van Wert. We were excited until we arrived. It was indoors as their YMCA. Awe man, are you kidding me? This was the only away meet we got to go to since softball and baseball interfered every Monday night, and we got a HOT indoor meet with our chairs seated outdoors. You got to go inside to watch you kid swim and then go back outside. It was awful. Olivia did great earning two first and two second places in her four individual  events. 

4-H cooking has also taken over our kitchen. Let's Start Cooking is the project Olivia took and she's really enjoying it. This recipe was yogurt strawberry frozen pops.  Um, this has Olivia written all over it! She loved making them and eating them. So much so she made them a few days later when she ran out of them!



For the holiday weekend Jeremy bought us tickets for the Indians Game. Now we haven't been to Tribe game in probably 3 years. All of us were pretty excited to head to the game for dollar dog and fireworks night. When we got to our seats, a rowdy bunch of ladies were seated in front of us. They turned out to be so much fun. We are now friends on FB. 😂  The Indians lost to Houston, but they did score, we each ate 2 hot dogs, lots of dip-n-dots and plenty of nachos! The fireworks were amazing and the atmosphere was so fun.  It would have been better with a "W" but we still had fun. 




After the game, we drove back to the lake house for a weekend with family. Mom had mad homemade bubbles that she found on Pinterest. With Summer Camp themed weekends, we decided we were going to have two themes this weekend- splish splash and western. The bubbles were part of the splish splash theme. These were no kid bubbles, but big kid bubbles and Olivia really got them going. They were fun to watch float across the channel. 


Jerm bought a boat. Yep he wrapped it up for Christmas and gave it to us all then. This was the first weekend we got to take it out. It has a battery and a propeller to troll around the channel.  He tried to make a hard bottom, but found out that didn't work as well as he thought it should, so he ditched that after one ride. We all took turns. Arick and Jeremy took the inaugural sailing. Then once we found out no one would drown, we took several trips around the channel. It was fun to float around and enjoy a little boat ride. 




Cedar Point Beach is free to anyone who wants to pay to park....or has a season pass (which is us) and already has free parking. Since Jeremy, Dad, Arick and Hunter went out fishing on Sunday, we decided to head over to CP Beach to hang out for few hours.  The girls had a blast. Isaac stood in the same spot most of the day and stared at Steel Vengeance wanting to go stand in the stupid long line sooooo bad. Nope, sorry buddy. We are here for the sun rays!


Slip and Slide was still part of the splash theme. Mom bought a big piece of plastic.  For the most part it worked pretty good until the first guy got a little hole in it, then it just kept getting bigger. But for $8 the older kids had an hour of fun with a hose and a hill and lots of laughs.  Worth every penny.  

One of the last nights we were all there we begged Dad to take us all out on a boat ride. Mom packed up all their loot and told them it was Western Themed night. We ate off metal plates for dinner then the kiddos hopped on the boat and got their loot from Grandma Barb. Such a cute idea and they loved it. We didn't get too far out of the channel when it was getting dusk so Dad turned around and we went back in. We ended the evening with a campfire and sparklers since it was the 4th of July.  We spotted several different fireworks displays too.  What a great holiday weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment