Monday, July 19, 2021

A Ton of Fun in 2021: Week 29 Recap

Well we are one week out from 4-H judging.  So in typical fashion, it was time to buckle down and get their projects done. Olivia took Cooking and Sewing.  This week was time to buckle down with the sewing project. She picked out a super soft material with butterflies so you have to make sure that the pattern is all going the same way. Her pattern also included pockets.  They actually aren't near as hard as double bias tape. UGH. Bias tape has to be pinned on perfectly and then held into place as you sew and make sure it doesn't move...and it's so thick. I made the top, mask and slippers.  Top was not that bad, but I did have to learn how to make a buttonhole on our new sewing machine. The eye mask I made from scratch.  It's suppose to be a butterfly.  And the awful slippers. I had to make four until I got them right.  They were hell. Olivia's foot is 3 inches bigger than the little pattern. The first pair were too small. The third slipper I had upside down and when I slit the tear away part, I actually slit the material. I had a melt down and then finally got it for the final pair. Here are some pictures of her working on it and the finished product.




It can't be all work and no play this week. So we had a nice day to actually get out on the Indian lake this week tubing. Maw and Paw asked me to go along so someone can help out watching for boats and to drive when Paw decides he's brave enough out there too.  I think it's impressive at 70+ he's still tubing and Maw too-but getting on the tube is entertaining!  Kids love eating at McDonalds on the lake then going out tubing. I like when the go together vs. going by themselves. 




16 years on the 16th of July. Yep, this is our 16th wedding anniversary. Awe, seems like a not THAT long ago. So Jeremy got us reservations at the Met here in Lima. I was so excited to see their special- chicken that was sautéed in white wine with green olives! Uh, yes please. It was amazingly delicious. And I still enjoyed the company- even after 16 years ❤️ The kids also made us gifts and decorations for our special day. They're getting so big and so creative. 

On Sunday we made plans to go visit the Cousino's. We haven't been able to spend tons of time with them this summer, so even though Griffin wasn't home, we still made the trip down to visit the rest of them. We haven't been able to get back there since they moved. Kids enjoyed swimming and we enjoyed just sitting around outside and catching up. 




No comments:

Post a Comment