Monday, November 8, 2021

A Ton of Fun in 2021: Week 45 Recap

Gah, how is it November already? And why is my birthday on election day on a year that I'm up for election?!  So no matter what this year I'm eating cake! On Monday night Jeremy said he got home from the gym and he said that I needed to come outside. He taped me discovery that the sign gypsies had visited and put this amazing display in my front yard. Turns out Liz, Jill C. Canon, Alisha, Nikki, Jill L. and Mallory went in together to make this happen. So incredibly thoughtful.  Jeremy grabbed a spot light and put it up on the signs overnight. 

My birthday was eventful this year. I woke up to get ready to teach and stop by to vote before heading into work. After a full day in the classroom, I got a text from Carol Slane's at work saying they had tried to drop off flowers at my office, but had left them downstairs in the deans office. When I went down to pick them up, I found my parents had sent me flowers at work. How sweet and they were beautiful. I ended up taking them home to enjoy and put them in my bathroom to brighten each day from the start. 

Election Day- well I did a thing this year. I ran for school board. Many had asked why. My answer is simple- I wanted to get more involved in helping shape Elida student education. So here we are, with no campaign signs and no campaign frankly, trying to win one of the three seats up for grabs in a five contestant race. Those who know me, know that I loathe politics, so the thought of ever having to run for an elected position made me roll my eyes. But, school board is an elected position, so I ran. I had taken Olivia to gymnastics that evening when I text a friend and asked how would I know if won.  The answer was the board of elections would post it on their website. Sure enough, I didn't even have to look because at around 9 p.m. my phone started to explode with congratulations texts. I certainly didn't win by a landslide, but I did win, so in Jan. 2022 I will take a seat at the Elida School Board meeting. So very excited to get started. 

November 3 found Isaac at his first orthodontist appointment. It was just a consultation and they took some pictures of his mouth to get an idea of how to proceed. Wowzers. As you can see from the picture, we have some worth to do. A hereditary trait, he is missing three teeth and thus, teeth are just filling in holes however they want.  His mouth is a train wreck. So they developed a plan from spacers to braces to a permanent fake incisor tooth so he doesn't look like a toothless wonder his whole life!

I know we are no where close to Christmas season yet, but I don't care. This week I asked Jeremy and Isaac to carry up the Christmas tree from the basement. After finding the coats soaked, it was partly to get the tree out of the box and make sure there was no damage. Luckily there wasn't and everything worked fine. We also got down all the ornaments from the attic and the kiddos helped me put them on the tree. Nothing like the sparking lights to put you in the Christmas spirit. 

The weekend found us at Galion again, but this time at a normal meet. Isaac doing only the backstroke and free swims and Olivia doing fly, breast, and IM. Both did so well and mom was able to come over and watch again, which was so nice. Next week we will be back at home in Lima in a 8-lane pool with plenty of competition and both kiddos couldn't be more excited. 

Saturday night we made it back in time to drop off the kiddos at Maws before dressing up and meeting Kristi and Andy at OCP for Andy and I's birthday dinners. In typical fashion, there is never a dull moment. Jeremy and Andy ordered steaks.  They came out over done, which is the second time forJeremy when you pay they crazy rates, so both boys sent them back (which he NEVER does). Well long story short, it took them forever, Kristi and I were done, and they came out with a half of steak for each. We were dying laughing and the waiter told us that they had dropped one of the steaks and so they had to cook the third one. LOL. So they brought them out a second half later.  We ended up staying there for nearly 3.5 hours. Good news was they comp'ed the steaks and the better news is that the company was fantastic no matter what!  

Sunday was two back-to-back flag football games...the last of the season. The league itself was thrown together last minute, but it was still nice to see the boys out there playing and doing what they love. Jeremy will now move to being their basketball coach for many of them. I love that he is so involved in sports and coaching Isaac. Isaac enjoys flag football much more than tackle. I think it's because his true love is running and he gets to run and chase without hurting anyone (which isn't his nature). 













No comments:

Post a Comment