Monday, November 15, 2021

A Ton of Fun in 2021: Week 46 Recap

This week was exciting as my bestie from high school came back into town and asked if she could spend some time at my house during her stay. I learned that she appreciates the morning WAY more than I.  Her bedtime is also before I get home with the kids from their fifty million activities! But it was sure great to see her and catch up on life. She even came to ONU to my classes and interacted with my SM strategies class who got to hear her story and ask questions. I wish I had pictures of her and the kids playing some mad games of UNO in the evening. 
On Wednesday I was up early and off to the Toledo with PRSSA students to industry tours that had been schedule. Our stops included Toledo Metro Parks, Hart, Imagination Station and Owens Corning. We had lunch downtown and alumni Emma Prusha was able to take a break from her graduate classes at Toledo and join us.  I was upset with how many students bailed day before/day of and didn't attend, but the students who did got so much out of these visits. So informative and so fun to hear all the different journeys that led the professionals to their current positions.

Thursday was Veteran's Day and Kel was being honored at our high school as the Hometown Hero. Complete with a brunch and a ceremony, I had been invited back to attend. Yet, Thursday is my teaching day so I told Kel there was a REALLY good chance I wouldn't be coming back.  But that morning as I was getting ready, I taught my 9:30 class from Zoom as I headed back to Attica. I decided I'd never regret cancelling two classes to head back and join in honoring Kel. Best decision ever, as not only did I get to hear her talk about her experience, but I also was asked by our HS basketball coach to actually present her with the medal. WOW, I was moved to tears of how amazing she truly is and always has been. It was also really nice to see high school teachers and classmates who I haven't seen in years. 

This weekend found us all finally at home swim meet--The Lima Fall Fiesta. A huge invitational, the kids were excited to swim a regular meet at home, and maw was excited to finally attend a regular swim meet. Last year all our meets were live streamed and posted to YouTube. No one else does this, but because it was home and we still have the capability, Poppy and Grandma Julie were finally able to watch a meet online too! The kiddos did pretty good at the meet too. Isaac got 4th in the 200 free, 10th in the 100 free, 13th in both the 50 free and back, and 3rd in his relay, Olivia got 3rd in the IM and breast, 2nd in the fly, and her relays won both the 200 free and 200 IM (which means she came home with 5 medals!), not bad for the 9 year old in the 9-10 year old category!  Stay hungry, stay humble.




No comments:

Post a Comment