Monday, January 18, 2021

A Ton of Fun in 2021: Week 3 Recap

Week 3 already? How did that happen? We kicked off the week with a NCAA National Championship for football between Alabama and our OSU Buckeyes. We invited Phil and Deb to come over and Sheri was visiting as well so she was able to come cheer on the team as well.  Even though the outcome wasn't what we wanted,  we were still super proud to play in the game! 52-24 was a butt kickin, but we got to hang out in the basement with family, which was our win of the night. 

Well the only thing that really stinks this last week off of school is this nasty shaker jar.  Yep, for this entire week, three meals a day are replaced with toxin absorber drink with apple juice. It smells as awful as it looks.  I have to choke it down.  Good news is I'm starting the year off right by cleaning out my insides.  I'm losing a few pounds with it too, bonus! 

The oddest thing that happened this week was Wednesday at the YMCA we lost power during my morning core class. Luckily the sun was shining through the windows, so we finished in the sunshine. While it ended up staying off for around 3 hours, those who were already at the Y were allowed to stay and finish their workouts.  I found the one Elliptical that was still powered up, so I stayed and did my workout by myself.  It was kinda cool to have the entire place to myself! 

Isaac had some downtime this weekend while his sister was at dance and asked me to play Monopoly.  This is the Incredibles Jr. edition, but I still agreed to take him on. I loved Monopoly as a kid and could play it for hours on end. Well, it didn't take but 20 minutes in this version for me to lose all my money.  LOL. Isaac loved beating my butt in the game- I kept saying, "Can you give your mom a loan?" He wouldn't. He wouldn't even let me free-load on his properties. He's ruthless!

We finished out the weekend with another swim meet. Both kids did amazing again. Isaac got DQ'ed in the breaststroke...again. I think we should throw in the towel on that event. Seems he' can't get the hang of it.  Oh well. They both took off times in their other events which makes both them and momma and dad smile.  We have a bit over a month until swim championships. Olivia is way more excited than Isaac, but I think both might qualify and swim! Looking forward to seeing what competition in person looks like! 







No comments:

Post a Comment