Monday, January 25, 2021

A Ton of Fun in 2021: Week 4 Recap

Wowzers! How did the end of January come so quickly? This past week flew, which I knew was going to happen because I FINALLY went back to work.  Well at least that what Jeremy tells me. Of course we all had Monday off because of MLK day, so we started back up at ONU on Tuesday.  I had such a fabulous day, I took my normal Wednesday off (worked from home) and Thursday came and mother nature did us dirty. She struck lightening, which took out all internet power in Dicke College of Business.  I still held classes, much to the students despise, but we still didn't have it on Friday so I got another 'work from home' day. My 13th year at ONU as a professor has lived up to its unlucky number. A global pandemic and lots of adjusting. I'm hoping my 14th year here will be much more calm and collected. 

Speaking of school, another member of our family started back to school as well. Jeremy started his first class at NCU for his doctorate! Yep folks, you read that right. The guy who hated reading and writing in undergrad has now completed a masters thesis, graduated last spring and now has begun the doctorate journey. It's only week one and I've already spent a few nights helping proofreading his paper and correcting all his citations. Good thing I enjoy those 'academic weenie' things.


We love playing board games with the kiddos.  This week they picked a few that we haven't had out in awhile.  As you can see from the pictures, we had some wild games of Jenga. We thought for sure Isaac was going to be the one to take the fall, but Olivia got it this round and she wasn't happy about it.  I think the falling of the pieces actually scares her and makes her more upset than losing the game. 

We had a busy Saturday. Isaac had a basketball game in Spencerville the same time as the swim meet started. Jeremy coaches his team, so they took off for the game and I took Olivia to her swim meet.  Sorry, apparently it's too hard to coach and take pictures of your kids (LOL) so I don't have any pictures of Isaac playing basketball.  However, Olivia crushed it again this week at the swim meet. She PR'ed in every single one of her individual swims.  Picture of her and coach April who put her in the 12 & U open IM. She crushed it for being the youngest in the fastest heat. Check out the screenshot of her times. 

Sunday we decided to watch church online while traveling to Cincinnati for Top Golf. We have so many  bonus cards that need to be used before the end of March and we know that dance competitions will start up soon (along with spring sports), so holding out for an open weekend is impossible. So we just loaded up the kiddos and didn't say where we were going and headed south. They were so excited to see it when we arrived. I played one game out of my mind (scored 115 which is unheard of for me) so we took a picture. Isaac was excited to win a game too.  I think we even got all four seasons when we were there. It was snowing when we started and then moved to rain. About halfway through it stopped and was just chilly before the sun peaked threw the clouds for a few minutes. We played for 2 hours and then headed to the outlets for a little retail therapy before heading back to Lima to get Olivia to dance practice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment