Monday, March 29, 2021

A Ton of Fun in 2021: Week 13 Recap

Well I kicked off this week with a relaxing catch-up session with my ONU friend Ann Hamilton. I really try to be the friend who still remembers to send random text to tell you I miss you or handwritten, snail-mail throughout the year, or on your birthday.  But Ann took it to another level today with something so simple that blew my mind.  A single yellow rose.  I am not a big dozen roses girl.  In fact, I really kinda think they're a waste of money. However, I've always loved the yellow rose. My mom and dad sent 22 of them to me on my 22nd birthday and I've never forgotten that!  Anyways, Ann brought me a single yellow rose today just because.  AWE. Sweetest gesture. 

Jerm and I always talk about the abyss in the car. You know, the spot between the seat and middle console. They make things to put there to avoid dropping things down in between (always my phone!). Anyhow, I found an even more rare abyss that is unknown to many.  The little slits that the track of my elliptical tracks move on. You see them here in the picture.  Well today as I'm working out, my ear air-pod falls out of my ear and...you guessed it... falls into that perfectly sized, couldn't do it again if I tried, slot. Had to go get an employee at the Y to take it apart and retrieve the air-pod. UGH! 

So far this week seems to be all about me.  The kids started baseball and softball practice this week!  Olivia has practices on Mondays and Wednesday and Isaac on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Jerm likes to help coach, so he typically runs them to to practices, so I don't have any pictures yet, but I'm sure those are soon to come in the following weeks!

STALKING my UPS package like a crazy women, it finally arrived on Friday.  The long awaited Harvey's Seatbelt bag that I ordered. If you know me, you know of my obsession with the bags.  Well I was able to get Kevin, the coveted bird from the UP collection.  She is beautiful and the perfect size. I can't wait to sport her around. 

Friday night after the kiddos got off the bus, we decided to run (well I run, the kids bike) to Maws house. It's about a 3 mile journey on the nose. Isaac gets about .5 mile into the trip and states he thinks his bike tire needs pumped up.  UGH. But instead of turning back, we keep going. Well if you've ever peddled a flat tire bike, that's hard enough, let alone it's too small for him.  He really needs a new bike. When we got over to maws, he crashed in the front yard.  It took us way too long to get there. 

We were blessed with another FABULOUS weekend in the way of weather. Jeremy decided to bust out his new smoker and try to make brisket. Oh man was it good. He nailed it.  We invited his parents over to sample his masterpiece and ended the evening with Isaac hosting us by the campfire. Olivia was worn out from the busy day as she helped me clean up all the landscaping to prep for spring. I cut back all the tall grass, the rose bushes, all the dead plants from last year and leaves.  She helped like a champ, but it obviously wore her down! 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment