Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Week 2, Day 8 of the CrononaCrazy Day Drills


At 1:30 a.m. I finished the sign. I was READY for Wednesday.  Oh, I was still up that late because at midnight both kids were whispering in the teepee and I could hear them.  I asked why they were both still awake...of course they're not tired.  Too much Agozzino night-owl instilled in them.  So naturally, I sent one for a book and the other for a flashlight.  We made hot chocolate and read bedtime stories in the teepee that is still set up in the living room.  That's got to be a record for me allowing them to sleep out there. But they've set up 'camp' and made a sign, so who wants to disrespect that? Not this momma.  You want to continue living like Native Americans and learning about their history- let's embrace it and not be a stickler on my OCD perfectly vacuumed carpet.  (I"m in a ball in the corner rocking back and forth). I'm fine.  I'm fine. 
Um, it's 12:30 a.m.

Bedtime stories in the teepee



Sign for the Teepee
#epicFail
A simple Google search will tell you that every. single. day. is some type of day.  March 25? National Waffle Day.  lol.  Ok.  I love how I thought at 9 we'd all be up and ready to conquer.  When my eyes finally looked up to glance at the time and it said 10:30, I literally sprang up.  What? I missed the bus! haha. But we're good, we just will have a 2 hour delay.  It's all good.  

called in the backup
Brunch
Yummy!
To the kitchen I went to cook brunch. Naturally I was going to make waffles from scratch. I have coconut flour and milk and thought, yum, how good would that be? Well apparently not.  I had a hot mess.  I trashed the entire batch, got out the dairy milk and real all-purpose flour and called my reinforcement- Chef Isaac and Chef Olivia. They got things under control.  Isaac even asked for seconds and ate two waffles!

Isaac Reading to Olivia
History lesson on YouTube
By the time we got started today, it was noon.  I had checked my regular school email and was overwhelmed with the day that had barely started. While working with the kids on their reading, the day turned worse. Yesterday when they did their reading by themselves, they both did one thing and didn't do all 6-7 lessons for the day.  So when today's work had 5-6 more lessons, we quickly had 1.5 hour worth of work for each kid on one subject. UGH.  

outside GoNoodle
I almost made it two weeks lol
At 1:30 when we were still working on reading/spelling/vocab, momma had a melt down.  Yep, I don't want to sit here for 1.5 hour bouncing back and forth between kids, making sure they can find the password for the app, find the right lessons, hit submit, type in the boxes, print off worksheets, enlarge videos, etc.  I HAVEN'T CHECKED MY EMAIL.  It's 1:30 and my email box from real work, the work I'm getting paid for, is overflowing. Folks from work and students are registering for summer and fall classes.  PR just switched from A&S to Business and my only other PR colleague for the past seven years left me for another cool opportunity to make the transition by myself, so oh yeah, we are interviewing via Zoom for a new faculty member in the fall.  So overwhelmed swept over me.  Solution? We moved up Bible time!  Yep. Cain and Able was today's lesson.  Try not to kill people closest to you.  Thought that was a good lesson today. BLAHAHAHAHA. 
Bike Ride to the Park

Social Distancing with friends
After we were done with school work, the sun was out and it was time to get outside.  Yesterday I ran behind them. Today I jumped on my own bike and off we went to the park.  On the way, we passed Isaac's BFF house and he happened to be outside. We talked from the street until it was time to keep moving.  Isaac was so excited to see his friend. It just warms my heart that he was able to wave and chat.  Also makes me sad that we can't have sleep overs or go on adventures until this all passes.  Both of the boys are so looking forward to Cedar Point. I hope they get to enjoy some of the season, even though it might be delayed. Right now the website says May 9, but I'm not holding my breath this won't be delayed. 
Paw and Isaac

A little backyard baseball
We called Maw and Paw to see if they wanted to join us for the bike ride.  Paw was able to join. We headed down to the park and over to the cemetery with the beautiful Serenity Garden (Isaac's favorite).  We ended the night with some backyard barbecue and some baseball action. 
Olivia's addition at end

I think Olivia might have said it best though at the end of the schedule she wrote, Crazy Day. I think the 5 hours of work that were non-stop and stressed-ridden, we were all over it.  Tomorrow is another day and hoping for a start over.  But if you remember from yesterday's post, Thursdays are my hell day, so this should be fun.  Goal is to keep the bus moving (even if it's behind schedule) and keep plugging away.  I try to remember that 'this too shall pass' but in the thick of it, some days it is overwhelming and I'm ready for everyone to graduate!















No comments:

Post a Comment