Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Week 8, Day 34 of the CrononaCrazy Day Drills

Yes, this is a much more productive learning environment for all involved.  Not only can we get our work done, there are very little distractions surrounding us (home chores). I'm getting so much grading done, and have high hopes of finishing all of my grades by Friday evening.  I have big senior capstones that have been sitting for too long and I must take several hours and buckle down myself.

Reading and Math are winding down and while Olivia's seems to be easing up, Isaac's is a busy as ever.  So we worked on reading while Olivia got on her Zoom call with her teacher.  She loved showing her art Lego drawing (which is a cruise ship - donut cruise line!) and we submitted that assignment as well. 

For bible time, we were able to pull open the videos on YouTube up here no problem.  They made slushies and sat up at the bar in the kitchen and watched the story.  Now this is the best of both worlds!

Gym is also so much better up here because there is running trails all around.  The kids like to bike while I run. The only problem is that it can be a bit colder than it is at home with the breeze off the lake, and the wind can be nuts. Tomorrow the wind is suppose to be too bad to go out on the lake.  Isaac really wants a boat ride, but so far, that's not going to happen.  Maybe a trip over to Cedar Point entrance to just see the coasters. My little coaster junkie asks everyday what day Cedar Point will open.  Um, not looking good buddy.

 The final picture was outside while we watched the sunset. Nothing beats being outside on the lake and watching the sun disappear beyond the water. I love these two monkeys. This is a great way to finish up my teaching at ONU with a drink in my hand and the lake in the background. My happy place.


No comments:

Post a Comment