Friday, May 8, 2020

Week 8, Day 36 of the CrononaCrazy Day Drills



Today was the end of Olivia's birthday week. Does anyone else take the entire week to celebrate? We always have, so this year is no different. Because my parents weren't around last week to celebrate, we decided to have a celebration today after 'school' complete with balloons, cake, and presents.

As I've said the past few days, we are winding down. Isaac and Olivia had spelling and vocabulary tests to take today, but other than that, some math for Isaac. So today was filled with games, painting sun catchers, and gym at East Harbor State park.

For the most the kids played and I graded today.  Last day of the semester for ONU, so I'm busy grading capstone projects and final projects from an IMC class I taught this semester. These are books from groups of their plans of what they did for their projects. Unfortunately they can't be evaluated in just a few minutes. So I told the kiddos to find stuff to do.  Mom had some sun catchers she had put away for a yucky day- since today is 39 degrees and 24 mph winds, today qualifies. We had them sit up at the table to complete. They seemed to enjoy doing them and they'll look great up here on the windows.

Since mom had bought decorations and a cake for Olivia's birthday, we had to find a way to get her out of the house so she could decorate.  I asked Olivia to bike with me while I ran. She agreed, even though it was FREEZING, and off we went.  Three miles later, she begged to return home to heat.  She was so surprised to walk in and see everything. (It's also why she looks like she does!) Happy last day of 8th birthday week Olivia!




No comments:

Post a Comment