Friday, August 4, 2017

18 Days of Summer- Springhill Host Family

Hosting at Our Home


Wow, what a fast week. It flew by and I think it's because we've been insanely busy trying to fit in every last morsel of summer. That and we've had guest all this week from Springhill Day Camps. The kids never did learn their names... they just called them "the girls" or "the guests." 

Our church had a call in the bulletin asking for families to open their homes for counselors who would be coming in to host a day camp for the church. I asked Jeremy if we could do it. He finally agreed and I sent off the paperwork. I had no idea who would be coming, but when these two fun ladies showed up on Sunday night, I knew I had hit the counselor lottery! Both were adorable and so very sweet. After working all day with kids at camp, they were so kind to talk and entertain my two crazies when they would return in the evenings. 

I would most certainly sign up to be a host family again. If you've ever been considering it, just do it. It was a blessing to have them here and hear their stories of their summer. Plus I enjoyed cooking for more than just me and Jeremy (the kids don't eat half the stuff I make!). The kids loved showing them their toys and sharing their stories. Next year I might send both kiddos to the camp, as Olivia wasn't old enough this year, but will be next. It might be my second favorite week of the summer to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment