Thursday, July 27, 2017

26 Days of Summer- Paw Paw

Our Final Day with Paw Paw on Earth


I debated what to post about today. We spent the first several hours of the day at the hospital visiting with Paw Paw. The nurses said it wouldn't be long and to call the family in to say our final goodbyes. We went over the lunch hour and the highlight of the visit for the kids was the hospital cafeteria. I thought of doing an entire post on just that. But I still would have had to say why we were there, and that's the reason for today's adventure. 


I took the kiddos home after we ate in the cafeteria and went back up to the room, but Jeremy was able to stay at the hospital with Paw Paw until he took his final breath around 4:15 p.m. Paw Paw was the best man at our wedding. Jeremy's super hero. From past posts I talked about his love for trains and how Isaac loved visiting and watching Paw Paw run his model trains. Later that evening we all went out to eat and Isaac said the prayer. He said he hopes Paw Paw will forever be his best friend. Jeremy and I teared up. 

He called Isaac 'jumping jack' and Olivia 'baby.' Here are some recent pictures of us with Paw Paw. Rest in Peace sweet Paw Paw... until we meet again.
With the great-grandchildren
Four generations of Love
Paw Paw and I out by the Pool


No comments:

Post a Comment