Tuesday, July 18, 2017

35 Days of Summer- Babysitting

"Kids Shouldn't Babysit Kids"

A dear friend of mine needed a sitter while she went to work. I'm home with my kiddos, so why not? I announced to my kids that we were going to babysit. Both were so excited for the day to come. Olivia asked if the mommy was going to stay or leave. When I said she was leaving and it would just be us watch the babies, she was over the moon. Her first babysitting gig. 

It started off great. A friend to play with. Soucie is 2 years old and into Barbies and Playdoh, so Olivia finally had someone to play these things with instead of begging Isaac. From the basement to the swingset out back these two were having a blast. Isaac on the other hand didn't want to play those "girl" games. So he asked what he could do to help. Feed the baby of course! He loves feeding the babies. He has a new baby cousin who he adores as well. That is until they poop. Then both my kids go running as far away as they can get. 

When it was naptime, Olivia and Soucie grabbed their sleeping bags and Olivia exclaimed, "My first sleepover at my house with my new best friend!" Within 10 minutes the girls were out. I think the morning had worn them out. 

My favorite quote of the day was from lunchtime. I was feeding Gier and Isaac was putting ingredients into the veggie soup in the crockpot (always my helper!). Soucie came over and needed her hands washed so I asked Olivia to come hold the bottle and put Gier in his car seat so she could feed him (mainly so I didn't have to worry about Olivia moving around with him or thinking she could carry him or something stupid!). I was cleaning Soucie up and then changing her diaper and Olivia yells across the room, "Mom I'm done. I don't think the baby wants this bottle." I respond with, "Yes he does, keep it tilted up so he doesn't get air in." In typically Olivia sassy attitude she responds, "This is boring. I don't think kids should babysit kids." LOL. Well, I think it's safe to say that Olivia is not interested in a baby brother or sister.  She wants little people to do things with! 

What a fun day. I can honestly say that nothing but love for my momma's out there multiple babies under 6 years old. It was a constant need from someone. But man the love I have for all these little people is crazy. Thanks Katie for letting me get my baby-fix and then getting to send them home. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment