Tuesday, July 25, 2017

28 Days of Summer- Picking Apples


The Apple's of My Eye

We are in Attica for a few days, so today we decided to head over to aunt Sue's pool. The best thing of being home is that everyone lives across the street from one another. While soaking up some rays with my cousin Nicole, we starting talking about school starting. Only 28 days people! AHHHHH....we started at 88 Days of Summer and we are already 50 down. 

School lunches are always packed at my house. My kids barely eat anything, so if I had them buy lunch they would starve at school. One of Olivia's favorite things is Grandma Barb's applesauce. Last year we finished up all the cans in early spring. So I decided that I'd take my first ever stab at making my own. Granny has apple tree's, so she invited us over to pick apples. We filled a recyclable bag full of apples. The kids had fun trying to catch them as I shook the tree or threw them down to them. I climbed up on a ladder to get some of the higher ones. Isaac wanted to get up there so bad, but I'm not about to finish the summer with a kid with a foot in a cast, so I told him he could catch them as they fell. 

I'm sure there will be a post in the future pertaining to the making of the applesauce. I'm sure both kiddos will want to help. They love to help in the kitchen. So stay tuned to find out if the picking of the apples was worth it or a total fail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment