Wednesday, July 5, 2017

48 Days of Summer- Game Night

Getting our Game On

How many games do you have? Every time we go to Goodwill or Once-Upon-A-Child we find another great game we don't own. Tonight's adventure included them each picking two games and having a mini-marathon of games.

Now you have to know that I enjoy playing board games. I can't wait until they are old enough to enjoy a good two hour game of Monopoly!  I bought operation this year for them and they hate it. Way too hard for them. So, that one will sit in there for awhile.

So tonights games of choice included Minion Memory and Candyland (Isaac's picks) and Moustache Smash and Gooey Louie (Olivia's picks).

I find that not only are these mini-game marathons exciting and fun, but it's always a learning opportunity for my kiddos when they lose. They're sore losers, so I am trying to get them to not stomp away, pout about how they always lose, or kick or punch each other (yes Olivia whacked Isaac in the head earlier today when we played a game of Super Why!). Not to mention that you are sneaking in some math skills and in some games, reading skills.

Isaac is usually our board game champion, but today wasn't his day. I won Candyland and Gooey Louie and Olivia won the other two.  Isaac didn't quit to stomp off, so I consider that just a big of a win as him actually winning the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment