Monday, July 17, 2017

36 Days of Summer- Columbus Outlets Playground

Another Day With Mom Shopping

I love this age. The age where you can take your kids almost anywhere with an iPad keep them quiet. Today I had another internship visit in Delaware, Ohio. I brought the kiddos along with me and they hung out with my student while I spoke to her supervisor. Then with iPads in hand, they went out to lunch with the student and were awesome.

After having such a smooth and great visit, I told them I would like to head over the outlet mall in Columbus that is only about 10 minutes from Delaware. Not overly excited, they said ok. We made it about half way through the stores when we discovered this beauty. How fun. It was all I could do not to jump in and play along. Instead I took pictures from the sidelines and sat in one of the nice Adirondack chairs.

Both really enjoyed climbing the rock wall and were so excited when they'd reach the top. The was a secret passage (or a shortcut as Isaac called it) through the bottom of the tree. It's nice that they are close in age to chase each other throughout and freak out if they can't find each other. Makes the fear of losing one while I'm not watching 100% less likely because the other will come say they can't find them.

Jeremy and I were just talking about the other night how we think the kids are at the "perfect" age. Old enough to do things on their own, still little enough to want to hang out with their parents, and cognitively able to process rules and such. Such a fun age to take places and so blessed to have the means to do so. I love that when we get back in the car from something like this (most of the time) they thank us for taking them or doing whatever with them. Makes my heart melt every time.



No comments:

Post a Comment