Wednesday, July 19, 2017

34 Days of Summer- Lanterns

Lightening Up The Night

Well I have been wanting to do this project for the last month. I have had the cans ready since I seen the pin on Pinterest. Too bad I didn't really read the directions, I see now that filling it with water and freezing it would have made it easier for the nail part. We just got a 2x4 to stick down in there. It was pretty hard to drive a nail through. Isaac stuck with it and did all his own, but Olivia only could really do the bottom ones that drove through pretty easily. 

After we had the holes, I got out the paint. Isaac's paint stuck really well, but I obviously had two different cans and Olivia's paint all peeled off after the first application. So to keep Olivia's paint on her can, I had to get a piece of sandpaper and scrub down the can so the paint would stick. 

After painting we waited for them to dry and ran some pipe cleaners through the top to use as a handle. It worked great. The hardest part for them was waiting until the evening to put their lights down in there and watch them glow. 

They worked perfectly and the kids were so excited to have something they made themselves. 


No comments:

Post a Comment