Saturday, July 1, 2017

52 Days of Summer- Cookout Cupcakes



Cupcakes for the Holiday!


It's the 4th of July weekend and we have plenty of cookouts and get togethers to attend. I never know what to bring. I enlisted the kids to help out this year. 

With a funfetti cupcake mix in hand, I had the kiddos help me whip up the mix. The hardest part is keeping them from licking everything in process. I made them with the small mixer just so I would have two beaters- one for each kid!

The hats, cupcake liners and edible eyes came in a Wilton kit. Normally, I would get out my cake decorating kit to swirl them up to look like the picture, but I'm trying to tame my OCD with everything being picture perfect, so if kids want to slop some on with a spatula, so be it. 

The end product is pictured here. Not perfect but they tasted delicious and didn't have to take any home. I call that a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment