Monday, April 20, 2020

Week 6, Day 23 of the CrononaCrazy Day Drills

The Governor of Ohio declared that kiddos will not return to elementary school this year. Sad, sad day.

I can't post the video I made earlier today that I sent to a select few peeps.  One, it's nearly 10 minutes long. Two, it's only showing that it takes ME (not my children who have no clue) incredibly too long to get to one course assignments. Three, it's so frustrating to get on and see a music assignment that isn't optional and instead graded and takes us 2.5 hours to complete. I don't want to divide this up into 5 days and try to remember to do each part and get it uploaded.  Are you kidding me?  I LOVE Art and Music...but I'm already overwhelmed with homework and to have graded assignments that take up that much time when I should be working on my job I'm getting paid for (and students who ARE still meeting remotely online during scheduled classtime and the prep and grading that comes with that so they are getting their $50,000 a year tuition-worth) I was just in a bad place.  I don't want you to see my rant.  Just know that I had one.

Speaking of our beloved music assignment-- the kids love it. The video is them doing their work for it. It's actually just Isaac's assignment, but Olivia made her way into the room too.  This was the fun part.  The Powerpoint Slides we had to review and the submitting of the assignment from an apple device is enough to drive a person mad.

Bible time was eye-opening. We learned about Abraham and how he was willing to sacrifice Isaac.  As Abraham raised the knife the kids both buried their heads and screamed no.  You know how relieved they both were when God spoke to him again before he killed Isaac?

My favorite part of the day was our sweet neighbor girl Lydia who came and saved this momma for an hour while I had class.  Lydia took the girls on a bike ride so I could actually focus on school work.  Novel. THANK YOU!



No comments:

Post a Comment