Friday, April 24, 2020

Week 6, Day 27 of the CrononaCrazy Day Drills





Kicking off Friday with a Zoom call. That's what Olivia found herself doing at 10 a.m. this Friday. It's the first time she has seen her classmates since the CrononaCrazy has started. She was so excited she went to bed early and set an alarm for an hour earlier so she could be sure to be up in time. To say she was excited is an understatement. She asked to use my computer so she could use my headset and change her virtual background to something Disney.  I was laughing on the inside, but of course let her set herself all up.  She then told me I could leave. I heard her from the other room telling her classmates they were on mute. 🤣

 Isaac and I worked on his reading this morning and then I asked both of them to fill out the writing prompt.  Isaac didn't really feel like writing, but coloring. His favorite sport he listed today was track, which prompted an outdoor trip to the track. It was 63 degrees and just a perfect day on the track. So much so, I sent the pic to a few track buddies and said I wished I could include the smell- you know what I mean if you spend years of your life there. Ah, that smell.

We got home to a super sweet surprise. My SIL Wendy stopped by and left some treats on our porch.  She put cute cards to both me and the kiddos inside and then texted me down the road and said to go out to the porch before they melted. She also left me some Truly's 😘 It's like she read my blog and realized how bad I needed a drink!  I've never had one, so I'll let you know what I think.  I hear the student's talk about them all the time, but never had tried. So thanks Wendy for the drinks and trying to make me 'cool.'

Because I'm leaving for my sabbatical later this afternoon, I left the kiddos choose what they wanted to do. They picked this game that their grandparents sent to them called cups. It's a cute game and it has a bell.  Who doesn't love to hit the bell? We played several games of this before I said I had to get packed up to leave. Homework for this week is done and handed in.  Until next week my friends.  The hope is to come back rested, ready and refreshed!



No comments:

Post a Comment