Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Week 7, Day 28 of the CrononaCrazy Day Drills

Hello #InThisTogetherOhio spirit week. We are pumped to participate. Although it said, plant your garden for today…come on this is Ohio and it WILL frost at least one more time.  I’m not planting my $ flowers for them to die.  But, we will take a field trip to Amherst and buy our herbs (which Olivia kept calling them Herb with the H sound), veggies, and flowers.

But before our field trip, we must get our schoolwork done.  On the docket today is always Math and Reading.  It takes us most the morning to complete these two subjects. Isaac continues to work on fractions, but Olivia has moved onto time.  I sent this one fraction to the wonderful Math teacher who is annoyed by the online program that attempts to trick the kids.  I thought you had to put something in that last line when Isaac came to me and said, this doesn’t make any sense.  Nope, it doesn’t. There isn’t an equivalent.  I write the teacher to let her know we are leaving it blank.  She said that’s right and the program is trying to ‘trick’ the kids and throw them off.  Are you kidding me?  Ugh.

Olivia is working with time.  I thought she would nail this like everything else academic-wise she does, but apparently she operates on her mother’s time that is not entirely efficient or correct.  Therefore, she’s requiring a little bit more attention with this subject.

I have been saving our writing prompt for today!  It reads, “Imagine you had your very own garden. What would you grow?”  I made them complete these before we headed out to Amherst.  They I let them pick a few of the things they wanted to grow in their garden.  How fun!
Like I said yesterday in my blog post, we needed to move the recycle day to today. We piled the back of the truck with our cans to take in. The kids earned $8 and they were thrilled. They certainly won’t get rich off the endeavor, but they’re helping out and they think they’re rich!

Amherst didn’t disappoint.  I love this place. It was the first time I’ve taken the kids with me. Because I typically get lost here for HOURS, I’d rather go by myself. But when the hours are during the day and your partner is an essential employee, you take the kids. They wore their masks and loved this place as much as I do. I let them pick some veggies and herbs to grow, and we spent about 1.5 hours roaming through each of the 22 rows.  We won’t plant yet, but we are excited to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment