Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Week 6, Day 25 of the CrononaCrazy Day Drills

Happy Earth Day friends! I had such an exciting day planned today.  I stayed up half the night planning it.  Complete with writing prompts and outdoor activities.  That was until I felt Isaac beside my bedside whispering...mom. mom. mom.  

"What Isaac?" 

I took my math tests so you don't have to do them when you get up, but I got 57's on them. 
I spring out of bed. What????? Screaming no, no, no like someone had died.  Except, no one had really died, except half of me on the inside. Are you freaking kidding me?  No seriously.  We've been doing fractions for the last 3 weeks.  He knows this stuff.  HE KNOWS THIS.  And he waited until the TWO, not just one, but two unit tests to try to read these ridiculously worded questions and do it on his own? I was dead inside.  I turned into the ugliest 9-headed monster you have ever witnessed in a movie.  I could have won the role in heartbeat. 

Next I FaceTimed Jerm so he could witness my award-winning production. I then proceeded to lock myself in my room with my phone, computer and told them if they touched their iPads I was burning them. I decided to literally cool off with a shower and get all dolled up (cause I was losing my mind and it was this or have a Britney Spears moment and shave my head). I stayed there for 2 hours.  I got notes under the door.  See exhibit A. I was even sent a pencil, knowing I wouldn't respond.  For 2 hours I primped for no reason and sent notes under my bedroom door to my kids.  

I did write the Math teacher to explain what had happened and she gave us a redo- thank goodness.  The only video and the picture from the day is him retaking the test. Everything else we didn't do. I am going on sabbatical. No seriously.  Next week is dead week at ONU.  I'm running away this weekend and won't be back until my grading is done, my finals are prepped and I honestly throw in the towel until next week for homework with my own kiddos. Tomorrow morning we will power through all tests and everything for the week we can and I'm out. ✌🏻

Olivia did get her Earth Day writing prompt, and I've posted it here cause she's so sweet to complete it so nicely.   It was the best part of the day.  I'd post Isaac's but it's just another I'm sorry note, and it didn't have anything to do with what Earth Day was about.  
Happy Earth Day 🙄
exhibit A


No comments:

Post a Comment