Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Week 3, Day 13 of the CrononaCrazy Day Drills

Can we be real here for just a minute? I have seen so many memes on social right now, but one of my favorites is:



Then you see my example. You want to set a tent up in the basement? I'll allow it. You want to bring every blanket and stuffy you own downstairs to the tent including the mattress? I'll allow it.  You want to stay up until midnight or after? I'll allow it. If it means that you don't get up until 9:30-10, heck yeah I'll allow it.  Remember I'm a night owl so momma needs her sleep in the morning. When you're heading to bed at 3 am, the 7am stomping by my room to see if I'm up yet, isn't cutting it. They have very STRICT instructions that if they don't want the no good, very bad, very grumpy monster teacher, you let me sleep until at least 9. Have mercy on your soul children if you wake me before the 9 am alarm. 

Ok, back to Day Drills.  So today is April 1. We finally made it to April. Yep, didn't think that was ever going to happen there for a minute. April FOOLS DAY.  I'm working with a bunch of fools, so no need to play any pranks. I had just the top red filled out this morning when they got up they were so excited...until I started writing. 

We kicked off today with our Bible time series. Today's lesson was on David's dreams. We had just read this story this summer and they had remembered reading and talking about it from the summer.

We did 'science' earlier than scheduled time. It got bumped up because there was a really neat Facebook Live session with the Cleveland Zoo that we got sucked into. We watched them talk about tree kangaroos. Interesting stuff. I linked it above, so hopefully if you'd like to steal a peak, you should be able to watch too.  You just might learn something! 

Now as we were watching the zoo, our doorbell rang.  In typically Agozzino fashion, we were all still in our PJs and we just thought it was the delivery guy who we know and sometimes yells hello through the door after ringing the doorbell. BUT, it was an hour early for him (and anyone who knows about UPS, they are like clockwork). So the kids thankfully didn't just open the door, but yelled for me to do it. When I opened the door, the kids screamed in delight!  It was Ms. Cady and Mrs. Kristoff came to say hello.  These are Isaac's teachers, but since Mrs. Kristoff also tutored Isaac over the summer, she knows both my kiddos well.  The video above is when I finally had the sense to go grab it.  They brought Isaac skittles (which he downed before I could get a picture) with this adorable note. BEST. TEACHERS. EVER. #elidatogether 🐾

We did reading and spelling. We did our hot dots, but it's actually pretty funny how these Chore Charts are working out.  They were just waiting and begging to scrub the floors again...uh, ok.  Bathrooms were today! I have three just upstairs.  We took the opportunity to scrub the floors, take everything out of the cupboard and drawers and wipe them down with disinfectant and organize and put everything back. Best idea ever. 


Gym was fun. Today Olivia rode her bike with me while I ran. We went 3.75 miles down around the outside of the mall that looks like an abandoned building with not 1 car in the parking lot. Isaac chose to stay home with his dad today during gym.  

Last part of today was Math. That good looking sub came back tonight and worked with both kiddos.  He was already working with Isaac when Olivia and I got back. He had a expo marker and was trying to diagram out the fractions and Isaac looked like a deer in the headlights. 😂 They eventually finished then Olivia came walking in with her iPad and Jerm was like "what?"  I said "I saved both kids Math for you."  I'm pretty sure the sub was flirting with me the whole time. He kept talking to me and stalling me from getting my work done.   












No comments:

Post a Comment