Tuesday, June 27, 2017

56 Days of Summer- Lightening Bugs

Lighting Up The Night


Who doesn't love catching lightening bugs on a warm summer night? I remember running around in our backyard that was wooded when I was little catching lightening bugs and putting them in glass jars only to find them dead the next morning. So the only rule I have when catching them is that we have to to let them go.

I think the funniest thing of the entire night was when Isaac caught his third lightening bug and Olivia was becoming frustrated. When he put down his bug to release him back into the night, Olivia ran up and picked the lightening bug off the cement and said, "Hey I got one!"  LOL.  Isaac proceed to tell her she was cheating and I was dying laughing. That a way baby girl. Work smarter not harder!

I know they have lightening bug jars for kids and you can keep them, but it's just fun to run around in your bare feet and enjoy the thrill of the chase after they light up the sky. Why keep them for them to suffocate in the jar? Hope you enjoy the video of Olivia's defeat and Isaac's delight in catching lightening bugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment