Friday, June 9, 2017

74 Days of Summer- Vacation Bible School





















Matthew 21:15-16 "But when the chief priests and the teachers of the law saw the wonderful things he did and the children shouting in the temple courts, “Hosanna to the Son of David,” they were indignant. “Do you hear what these children are saying?” they asked him. “Yes,” replied Jesus, “have you never read, “ ‘From the lips of children and infants you, Lord, have called forth your praise’?”

This past week both kids attended Vacation Bible School (VBS). What's better than 2.5 hours of peaceful relaxation? Knowing your kids are having a blast and learning about Jesus. I can't think of a better 2.5 hours spent! 

I was out of town for business Monday and Tuesday of the week, so my mom had the kiddos. It just happen to be her church's VBS. So it worked out. Before the end of the summer they'll probably attend at least two other VBS. It's a win-win!


The theme of VBS is "You were made for a Purpose." Complete with songs that were sung non-stop for the past week, games and scripture was poured into these little people. I also thought it was pretty cool that my babysitter from when I was little was who was in charge of the games.  She's still chasing around mini-me's. I can't believe I didn't wear her out when I was a wee-tike. 

The last night the leaders put together a slide show with pictures from the week and also had the kids do six of their songs they had learned, complete with motions! It was super cute. After they performed everyone headed to the social hall for a snack and refreshments.  Both kids wanted to hang out with their new-found friends. Too cute!

Best part was when we went to bed. Olivia rolls over toward me and says, "Mommy, I was made for a purpose!" Yes you were sweet baby girl, yes you were.  



No comments:

Post a Comment