Friday, June 16, 2017

67 Days of Summer- Snowcones


Shaved Ice at Home? Yes Please!


What is your favorite fair/festival treat? Cotton candy? Elephant Ears? Funnel Cakes? Well my kiddos and I LOVE shaved ice. But I'm not paying $10 for the treat when I can buy the machine and the syrup and get $10 back out of it in two uses! Now yes, there are way more sophisticated versions of the machines. I found you can actually get a way better version of the machine now that does the shaving for you (yes I have the crank one that you have to literally crank down the ice!) but what's the fun in that? lol.


So tonights treat revolves around the shaved ice treat. I've had the machine for at least 10 years. Yes, prior to kids. I like ice treats that well. Now they sell ever type of syrup that you can imagine and it's easy.  Isaac is strong enough to crank, but Olivia is not. I think she gets the best deal- she only has to squirt the syrup!

The crank machine that I have does take some pre-thinking. It comes with bowl/cups that you put the water in to freeze and then you dump the ice chunk into the top and crank away. So as long as you remember to fill it up every time and put the freezer, you should be good to go. I find that one of those ice chunks actually words for both kids to get one bowl of shaved ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment