Sunday, June 11, 2017

72 Days of Summer- East Harbor State Park




Summer Sand and Sunshine!

East Harbor State Park is located in Marblehead, Ohio. It's the spot my mom would take us to when we were little. Now it was time for us to take our kiddos down there for a day of sand and sunshine. 

Now the waters aren't crystal blue and the sands aren't white sand, but the kids have never seen either so to them it's the ocean. LOL. I make them wear the lifejackets in the Lake water because I can't see the bottom and it drives me crazy. Remember this rant? I still have nightmares about it so if you're at the Lake and you're heading out in the water- Lifejacket!

I should have taken a picture of Olivia's sand castle.  After about 20 minutes working hard on her own, she placed a stick at the top and declared she made the Disney Castle. Yep, looked just like it. The boys wouldn't be outdone they embarked on their own sandcastle. Below is their masterpiece.  A smiley face. Well that's close right?

After about two hours swimming and playing in the water, our burnt cheeks had seen enough sun and everything we had brought to the beach had sand in it. We packed up and headed back to my parents. 

If you are camp-out type of person, you can also do that at the East Harbor. There is a great running trail too that I hop on every morning that spans two miles from end to end. If nature is your thing, there are plenty of trails throughout the woods, but I'm afraid of tics right now, so that isn't happening. We need to be better prepared for that adventure, but the hope is to do that later this summer.  Oh and we collected flat rocks for a project later this summer too!  Stay tuned. 




No comments:

Post a Comment