Tuesday, June 13, 2017

70 Days of Summer- Community Block Party

Ice Cream Social


Ok, so maybe I'm a sucker for ice cream. No, those who know me well KNOW I'm a sucker for the deliciousness. So when the fancy invite came in the mail that Lima Community Church in our backyard was hosting a block party ice cream social, you can bet that I'll be there.

No rain was going to keep us away. It hasn't rained in a week and half, but about 30 minutes before the event, it pours. Luckily they have a auxiliary building for back up.  Large enough for tables and bounce houses and games galore, it still took place.

Yes, our neighbors were there. Check. Yes, our church family was there.  (this is where we attend church- double bonus!). Check. Yes, there we amazing bounce houses and games for the kiddos to go nuts.  Check. But let's get real.  Let's talk about the AMAZING ice cream. I'm not 100% who they had, but they hired people who made homemade ice cream. To say it was good was an understatement.  Never mind that I haven't had anything but Halo ice cream for the last month, watching my calories. That all went out the window. I wish I would have taken a picture of the deliciousness!

The kiddos had fun bouncing and sprinting through the bounce house obstacle course. In fact, I don't believe Isaac even had ice cream because he was too busy with his friends. We literally shut the place down. They kicked us out at 8:45 p.m. or our kiddos would have bounced until midnight!

Thank you Lima Community Church for hosting a great evening. Last year it was a hula, this year a ice cream social. Can't wait to see what the theme is next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment